The trade economy is the best! I love to barter, so if you have any of the things on my Wish List, please don’t hesitate to offer them. I am happy to consider these things in place of monetary payment in exchange for my services.
- Lessons (acting, art, voice, dance, etc.)
- Dental services
- Accounting & tax services
- X-Box 360
- Children’s picture books, depending on title and condition, especially Caldecott winners
- Crocs gift cards
- Amazon gift cards
- Travel vouchers, airline, hotel, etc.
Just in case you’re curious, here’s a quick list of 100 random facts about me, myself and I. Hope it helps you get to know me.
Of course, I’d love to learn more about you too! Please tell me some interesting facts about you in the comment section below!
- My body was born in Texas, but my heart lives in Italy.
- Italy is my all-time favorite place to travel.
- I have brothers but we don’t spend much time together.
- I love black olives.
- I try to live my life as honestly as possible.
- I rarely apologize but when I do, I really mean it.
- I firmly believe in the power of no.
- My thumb is definitely not green but I do my best to maintain a indoor & outdoor container garden of roughly 80-100 plants.
- I love animals. No, seriously, I love them intensely and believe strongly in animal rights.
- I love learning languages and am slowly teaching myself Italian.
- Crocs are my favorite brand of shoes. But I’m generally not brand-centric, except for avoiding brands belonging to unethical companies and corporate giants.
- Learning about history remains one of the most exciting things I can do with my time.
- I don’t drink mainstream sodas or drinks with corn syrup in them. But I drink a lot of water and sometimes kombucha.
- I like most foods, but will avoid mustard if I can taste it.
- I love ice cream, gelato, sorbet, shurbert and frozen yogurt. Like, a lot. A whole lot.
- I am tormented by my intense love-hate relationship with Austin.
- Rather than following trends, I tend to set them.
- I eat a vegetarian diet most of the time.
- I believe in the healing power of medical and recreational marijuana and will fight for it’s legalization.
- I don’t have a favorite color. How can one choose? They are each so unique and powerful. But I do love the blues, purples, pinks and greens.
- I am an obsessive researcher.
- I am skeptical of the 1%, but I do appreciate the documentaries that Johnson and Johnson heir Jamie Johnson made trying to expose their greed.
- My confidence in my opinions can sometimes intimidate others, especially those who are fearful.
- I believe in the female body’s ability to give birth naturally without the assistance of any kind of medical professional.
- I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if they took away my ability to access the internet freely, as search engines have become my new card catalog. (Remember those from the library?)
- I got most of the gray hairs I have now before my early twenties.
- I’ve never forgotten my closest friends, even those that opted against our friendship.
- I’m a great listener but if I get passionate about the topic, please expect frequent interruption.
- I experience delayed emotional reactions and instead tend to see things analytically until quite a bit later. This is a great quality to have in times of emergency or great stress.
- I have experienced physical, mental, sexual abuse and rape both as a child and adult.
- My curiosity for learning is insatiable.
- I’m a horrible cook. I burn water in the microwave, but love to bake sweets & make treats for other people.
- I love, love, love Radiohead and Sting.
- I disagree with the idea that live theater doesn’t transfer well to film. I say it’s poorly recorded and planned if it doesn’t transfer well. Film and television was born from theater.
- I have been designing websites for almost 20 years, and have spent the past 8 years focused specifically on WordPress websites.
- I love the concept of social media, but I hate Facebook’s annoying platform and can’t wait for a better, more user-friendly replacement.
- Politics frustrate me beyond belief, but I think it’s important to share our feelings about it if we are ever to fix the situation.
- I have experience working in almost every job in film production. This is particularly helpful to me as a director and producer.
- I love managing people to accomplish collaborative feats.
- I miss having old-fashioned pen pals in other countries.
- While I’m not a grammar Nazi, I do love language and can definitely spot most grammar errors.
- I am not a fan of religion.
- The OCD in me wants to organize everything by color, except my socks, which should, of course, be alphabetized.
- In high school, I feel madly in love with a boy and it took me roughly a decade to fully get over it.
- I am a Meisner-trained actor with substantial experience.
- I avoid purchasing foods made, owned or distributed by any company with membership in the Grocers Manufacturers Association, due to the organization’s fight against GMO labeling.
- I am very worried about the future of our planet, its animals, air quality and natural resources.
- My gall bladder was removed without my educated consent. It remains the single most violating experience of my entire life.
- I do not trust modern doctors or the medical industry.
- I find it a challenge to write in my natural speaking voice.
- As a kid, I imagined myself succeeding in Hollywood, but gradually moved away from that goal when I realized how f-ed up the industry is, especially for women and minorities.
- I smoked cigarettes for a few years but quit cold turkey when I moved to Austin. Haven’t had a cigarette since.
- I am slowly becoming a foodie, but still not interested in high-priced restaurants.
- I love independent food trucks and see them as culinary artists, like indie filmmakers or starving artists of the food world.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love dressing up in costume and fall flavors are the best!
- I never ever use hand-sanitizer. I think is bad for our world.
- Over the years, I’ve had lots of different jobs from food demonstrator to retail sales to waitress to recruiter to sandwich artist to karaoke DJ.
- Bartending was the most fun job I’ve ever had. But I still loved volunteering at the zoo more.
- I love to travel and plan to visit every country in the world.
- I am a night person and sleep in as often as possible.
- I love cold-brew coffee. It keeps me sane.
- As a teenager, I saved my money and bought a beautiful, white Arabian horse and learned to jump with her. It was wonderful.
- I can speak and understand a lot of French but I’m much better at reading and writing it.
- I hate football. No, I really, really hate football. American football, not soccer.
- I decided to become a writer and illustrator of children’s picture books when I was in 4th grade.
- The Cintique pen tablet changed my work more than anything else ever.
- I am continuously fascinated by human sexual deviations.
- I love cats. At one time in my life, I had 18 cats, including 2 litters of 6 kittens. They were so fun!
- I prefer my middle name for its uniqueness and would like to skip the banality of my first name.
- I can touch my tongue to my nose without using my hands.
- I hardly ever wear bracelets or rings. They get in the way, but I do love earrings!
- I love red wine and Gouda cheese.
- I miss my grandma and mama.
- I believe in aliens and ghosts.
- I love playing pinball on Xbox.
- I love museums.
- I like 77 because you get 8 more.
- I hate almost all reality TV.
- I don’t go to the movie theater as often as I should, but I love watching movies at home on our giant, high-def, 3D TV.
- I never snuck out as a kid.
- I used to live in an apartment that had a woman who scream at her dog every day.
- I have a lot of books. Probably too many.
- I still drive the same car I got when I turned 16. I love it!
- I was a cheerleader for 3 years and then coached a team for 2 more years. Then I just stopped.
- I love to swim but don’t particularly like swimming in water I can’t see through. It just creeps me out.
- I generally don’t like comedy that makes fun of or degrades people. There are too many other ways to make people laugh.
- I am not athletic and don’t care for most mainstream sports.
- I love having a fish aquarium in my home.
- I plan to live forever.
- I love mushrooms.
- Even though I know it’s not the most Eco-friendly choice, I must have ice in my drink, especially if it’s water. I’m sure it has something to do with growing up in Texas summers.
- I hate the heat Texas. No, you don’t understand. I really, really hate the heat in Texas.
- My body does not shed heat well.
- My boyfriend once bought me a car for my birthday. My mom bought my first car for me when I turned 16. We still have both of those cars.
- I don’t use plastic drinking cups at home, and opt for glass instead due to concerns over toxic chemicals leaching into the liquid. No thank you.
- A lot of people have affected my life, but my mother is by far the most responsible for what I like about myself today. She inspired and encouraged me to be the bold, compassionate, creative woman that I am today. I love her the most.
- I fantasize about defecting to Europe, either France or Italy.
- I like weird people.
- I am kinda clutzy.
- I can’t stand having white or beige walls. I have to paint them a brighter color.
- I love old music.
Now, that’s enough about me. Tell me about you now!
H.Cherdon Bedford makes creative happen.
~David C., Actor, Photographer
It is evident that she is passionate and excited about what she does and does it well.
~Maria G., Producer
Cherdon is one of the most creative people I know. Her mind is a like portal into a labyrinth of resources at her disposal. ~Adam R., Writer
Cherdon has an amazing way about her in terms of thinking out of the box and motivating others. ~Ryan M., Audio Engineer
“Cherdon uses a video camera like a paintbrush.” ~Johnny R., Filmmaker
“Cherdon makes it happen. She has been the glue and visionary for Austin Film Meet, and for Texas Film Friday, and has helped many of the Film Meet move forward.” ~Zach S., Inventor, Futurist, Entrepreneur
Cherdon is an incredible person to work with! … She also made excellent creative recommendations and gave honest professional feedback and suggestions. ~Roxy C., Actress, Musician
I love working with Cherdon. She is very creative and really
knows how to use social networking tools to move a project along.
She has been great to work with and she is always ready to help people. … Cherdon works well with all types of people. … I have learned a lot from her and I love watching where her creativity takes her. I highly recommend working with Cherdon.
~Sandy H. Filmmaker
When it comes to someone who knows the Internet video, social media marketing and is resourceful and professional Cherdon is your choice.
~Frank T. Filmmaker, Magazine Editor
Cherdon was one of the first people I met when I moved to Austin from NYC. As the lead organizer of the Austin Film Meet I found her to be enthusiastic, motivated, influential, and inspirational to a group trying to pursue their dreams in film. Cherdon coordinated and organized a 2 day film lecture featuring Director Darin Scott in my photography studio at which over 30 paying people were in attendance. If you need a project organized, she’s an excellent candidate.
~Juju. Producer, Art Director, Entrepreneur
H.Cherdon is a true creative superhero. … She is the first person I call when I am ready to produce high quality video, unique web design or concepts. She has an amazing creative eye. I’d recommend Cherdon for any creative project, and a super plus is she has a great grasp on the left-brain side of a project which is something very hard to find in the creative community. She is a keeper!
~Karen C. Musician, Artist